Image Map

Saturday 14 September 2013

Essence Longlasting Lipstick | Review and Swatches

Hello! So today I want to introduce you to one of my favourite lipsticks that I've been using in fall time A LOT - the Essence longlasting lipstick in the colour 04 on the Catwalk!
If I should describe this lipstick in one word I would say - AMAZING! This lipstick is one of the ten available colours of their new longlasting Lipstick collection. I bought this lipstick at the thought of using it during fall time.
Packaging
I'm sure you can see from the image above just how wonderful this lipstick is.
It comes in a pretty discreet black matte packaging with a thin line in the colour of lipstick all around. The label with the name is also in the same colour as the lipstick. If you turn the lipstick out you can see the well-known "E" stamped.

Formula/Texture
First I thought this lipstick would be really heavy as a colour. But applying it on my lips it covers my lips without looking too heavy and harsh. Sadly it doesn't stay very long about 2-3 hours on me, but I don't mind reapplying it. I would recommend using a lip liner in addition.

Colour
Like I said above - the lipstick is available in 9 other colours from a classic red to a pretty cotton candy colour. I picked up the 04 - On The Catwalk! which is a pretty dark red with a burgundy undertone. I wasn't expecting it to look so well on the lips because first I thought it would be a bit too dark. It was quite the contrary!

Price
I bought this lipstick for CHF 3.37 here in Switzerland what is really cheap I think for such a pretty lipstick.
I did a bit of research about where you can buy Essence Makeup and find out that Essence just launched in the UK. From this month Essence Makeup will be available in several Wilkinson stores!
What I think
This is a really good, definitely not pricey drugstore lipstick which I recommend to everyone. I'm looking forward to buy other colour from their Essence Longlasting Lipstick Collection.

The Round-Up
Pros:
 - The subtle red and burgundy undertones with addition to dullness makes it more wearable      dark red lipstick 
 - It's great for every day use.
 - not pricey at all

Cons:
 - The lasting power is quite short - it doesn't last longer than a couple of hours ( I recommend     use a lip liner before applying the lipstick.

Have you tried a Essence lipstick? What do you think?What is your favourite lipstick for fall? Let me know!






16 comments:

  1. Nice colour! I need to check that one out soon! xo

    Love, Marijke.
    http://marykejane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous colour!

    www.justrach.com <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame about the lasting power of these, the colour looks great though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So bad, because the colour is really pretty! xx

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful fall colour!! I need that on my life now! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's perfect for fall time and the brand Essence has other really pretty colours! You should definitely check them out! :) xx

      Delete
  5. That is such a stunning colour!x

    http://realityleaveslotstoimagination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! But their collection has many other beautiful colours! I definitely recommend it. :) xx

      Delete
  6. Great photos! I love Essence products! This lipstick is so gorgeous :)

    xo, Inês

    ipeachycoral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This definitely looks like my kind of lipstick! Such a gorgeous shade, and perfect for autumn! Great review xx

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is cute, but my favourite is Barely There 06! It's the perfect nude shade! I have the swatches on my blog if you're interested :)

    Ps: your blog is really nice :)

    http://needagap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouh I saw the Barely There 06 but was unsure if I should pick it up or not! In the end I purchased this one which is more of a dark colour perfect for fall :) xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...